Red is in the Rainbow is a student led advocacy group from American University, campaigning for the repeal of the Federal Drug Administration’s 1983 MSM Blood Ban Policy. We believe it is unjust to prohibit any man who has had sex with another man from donating blood. Although presently this issue is somewhat unknown, we are committed to magnifying the policy and its effects to the public though various awareness campaigns. Donating blood is an altruistic action that all American citizens should be given the opportunity to perform. We hope that through our actions, in conjunction with other advocacy organizations and government officials, men who have sex with other men will be granted the ability to donate blood.
- Year-long deferral officially adopted. Still not enough. #EndTheBan #DonateDontDiscriminate twitter.com/thehill/status… 1 year ago
- Like us on FB (Red is in the Rainbow) to find out more & stay up to date on our events! #DonateDontDiscriminate https://t.co/5wWzBy3Hl9 1 year ago
- Kali, Rachel and so many others came today and donated on behalf of those who are banned. #DonateDontDiscriminate https://t.co/i3Sh1PcCYg 1 year ago
- Max believes we should all learn to #DonateDontDiscriminate https://t.co/KVrt1ZwqAj 1 year ago
- Brandan knows that a deferral policy is no less discriminatory than the lifetime ban. https://t.co/wsF1wJcyQt 1 year ago